Thursday, September 27, 2007

It finally happened to me...

You hear stories about it... and you think somehow you will be different from the rest. It hit me today. I am officially an American mom.

  • I drive a minivan.
  • I went for a trial aerobics class today (and it kicked my butt!).
  • I actually carry one of those quilted mommy bags I swore off as a young adult.
  • Right now I am waiting for macaroni and cheese to cook. (Yes, the orange kind I promised never to pass the lips of my children.)
  • I spent part of the day in the doctor's office with a cranky almost two year old.
  • I enrolled in Weight Watchers this year to drop those last few baby weight pounds.
  • Half of the beverages I consumed today were "stolen" from a sippy cup.

....Need I go on?

The temptation is to mark these off as tiny defeats in the person I thought I would be... but I have to tell you that (most days) it is wonderful. Motherhood is hard. There are women who will never admit it.. but it is true. Setting the scene for the rest of someones life is a big responsibility. It is also (partially) the reason why I decided to become a professional organizer. Everyone deserves to have a place to live that is memorable, safe, clean and happy. Look around at your space. What will you (and those you love) remember about that space? You have a choice...

No comments: